In July, I had a training in Louisville. I sat among some of my closest friends in a conference room of the Brown Hotel, and I could not shake this nauseous, hot feeling. I kept trying to ignore it, thinking I hadn't eaten enough or the room was just too warm. However, on day two of the training, I felt the same feelings. On the way home, I asked Jesse to stop at Walgreens so I could buy a pregnancy test. We laughed it off, knowing it would have to be pretty early symptoms if I was pregnant, and by the time I got home, I stuffed the pregnancy test in the back of a bathroom drawer and forgot about it.
Until a few weeks later when a certain something went missing and I remembered that nauseous feeling. And I remembered just knowing I was pregnant the first time - feeling it in my body before my body showed me an external sign.
So I drug that test back out from behind the fingernail polish and bags of makeup. And what do you know... my instincts were right after all. We're expecting baby #2!
This time, I was determined to surprise Jesse with the news. I had about 30 minutes before he would come home from work, so I acted fast. I grabbed a basket, filled it with Emerson's newborn clothes, a few pictures of Jesse holding her, the standard striped, white blanket and my pregnancy test... with a note that simply said: "Ready to do it all again?".
I placed the basket where he would see it as soon as he opened the door, and I sat, grinning sheepishly, waiting for the sound of his car in the drive.
And I waited.
And waited.
And waited.
Finally, I heard the car... the steps... the door... and then a voice. It started out soft and confused and quickly grew in volume and excitement: "Wha... what is this... what?? REALLY? WE ARE?!"
I rushed into the bedroom and nodded.
Yep, we're ready to do it all again. Bring it on, Baby #2!

No comments:
Post a Comment