I told Jesse today that I could never be a stay at home mom.
The thing is, it has nothing to do with Emerson. I love taking care of her, especially now that we've figured each other out. I know how she likes to be held (facing out, against my chest); I know that hiccups make her mad and how to soothe them (walk, walk, walk!); I know that she's going to get fussy in the afternoon taking her outside usually helps); I know to expect lots of dirty diapers, burping and spit up, and moments of smiles. I could definitely spend every day with her.
It's the housework! I cannot stand being the only person in charge of laundry, dishes, cleaning, cooking, etc. (I can just imagine the number of women out there laughing as they read this because, stay at home or not, you're responsible for all of these things as it is.) Before Emerson, Jesse and I shared the household duties. Granted, we had less laundry, we ate out more often, and our house went a little longer between cleanings, but still, it was a mutual responsibility. Now I feel as if, rightfully so, it is my job. After all, Jesse is rarely home and when he is, I like for him to be able to grab a nap and spend time with Emerson. So in the hours that Emerson spends sleeping, I rush around taking care of the house. I'm exhausted! :)
Last night, after enjoying a homecooked meal made by me, Jesse tells me he has to run. He had to work. Fine! I'll cook and clean! I said. Just go! He laughed. He asked if I was going to start a blog called "Disgruntled Wife."
No, Jesse, not a whole blog. Just a post.
Now I gotta run - the dryer just beeped and the trash needs taking out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment