Monday, June 13, 2011

Emerson's smile


Hello blog readers.  Meet Emerson's smile.
If you are anything like Emerson's Mommy and Daddy, you have an incredible urge to do whatever it takes to keep that smile around.  You may find yourself dancing around the room.  You may find yourself singing in an unusually high voice.   You may find yourself making choo choo noises over and over until that train has traveled the world.  But I've warned you.

And it will be incredibly worth it.

I first saw this smile when Emerson was six weeks old.  I was going to meet Jesse for lunch and I had just put Emerson in her carseat.  I asked her - in a high-pitched, sing-song voice, if she was ready to go see Daddy.  And she smiled (I took that as a yes!).

Since then, she has smiled more and more.  As a matter of fact, if she's awake and not grunting from gas, she's probably smiling. 

And there's probably someone nearby acting like a fool - and loving it.

1 comment:

  1. Amira is good at getting that smile to pop out! They already love each other so much. It warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete