Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No Room at the Inn

I have to share one of the most interesting things I have learned about pregnancy so far.
I always assumed that as pregnancy wore on, women ate more and more.  After all, if I was ever "eating for two," now would be the time.  My baby's job right now is basically just to fatten up! 
However, I have reached the stage of pregnancy where my stomach is so squished inside of me, that I can barely eat.  It is so annoying!  I will be famished, sit down to an excellent meal, and after a few bites... I'm stuffed.  The worst is when I'm sitting down to a homecooked meal (by someone other than me, of course).  Last night, my aunt cooked tenderloin, shrimp, rice, salad... the works... and I had been starving all day.  I sat down with a full plate and a big grin.  Then, after just a few bites around the plate... done.  No more.  I couldn't even enjoy a piece of cheesecake afterwards.  And what makes it worse is that I get hungry again just an hour later (of course, at that point, I'm back home and my options are a bowl of Cap'n Crunch or some Crunch Munch).  I want to be hungry when the good food is available!
To help illustrate (but hopefully not to gross anybody out), I'm inserting a chart.  When Jesse and I saw this chart at our childbirth classes, we were amazed.  To see how the organs get squished and moved around was eye-opening indeed.  Although it's difficult to read, please, find the stomach (it's the 6th one down).  Look at that!  No wonder I couldn't enjoy my tenderloin!  ...and I'm not even going to talk about the difference between the size of that baby and the size of canal in which he/she must travel through!  haha

1 comment: