Today, I told my mom that I've started having pains. I assured her I think it's the baby-sitting-in-a-bad-spot pains. She wrote back: "as long as it's aches, not pains." And so I ask - what's the difference? I'm not sure I know! Her response to that was that aches are normal, but pains can mean labor. These are two VERY different issues!
Fortunately, one of my teacher-friends has told me from the beginning that she wouldn't describe labor as "pains" but more of a pressure - like someone pushing, very hard, against your lower stomach (as in, a baby, pushing down, ready to come out?). What I am feeling definitely doesn't feel like that, so I think I'm good.
As a matter of fact, if it's true that someone who carries "high" is having a girl, this is going to be a girly-girl (and no, regardless of my last post, I promise I don't know!). This baby has been at the top of my baby bump from day one. And now my little darling is taking up all the space, ribs included. I'm not sure how to handle this. Do I push him/her down? That seems rude! He/she doesn't have much space in there!
And speaking of aches/pains/pressures... the idea of giving birth is starting to seep into my mind more and more. Until now, I've been able to ignore how this process (which I have so much enjoyed) ends.... But on Monday morning, Jesse and I were talking about the weekend (yes, we were already looking forward to the weekend on Monday morning!) and it smacked me: this weekend, I will only have 6 weeks left. SIX WEEKS?!? Tell me that doesn't sound like a short time. To me, it sounds like a very short time. I don't have the highest threshold for pain. I've avoided the dentist since she told me I need to get my wisdom teeth cut out. My family still mocks me for my reaction to a kidney infection several years ago. And as I've mentioned, I (used to) sweat at the idea of a finger prick.
And I have to do what in almost six weeks? Oh boy.
so, the more i read your blog, the more i want you keep blogging. after emerson is born will you continue blogging? i think i'd be interesting to see pictures of your nursery and of course emerson!!
ReplyDeleteCoco,
ReplyDeleteLabor pains usually feel like really bad menstrual cramps. Of course, since you're such a lucky you-know-what, you probably don't know what that means. :P You're going to be fine. You'll have a harder time with them putting an IV in. ;-)
Emily I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)
ReplyDeleteActually, when I picked the title for it, I decided not to call it something about pregnancy and went with "Becoming a Mom" because I knew I'd probably want to keep writing after Emerson is born. I'll post pics of the nursery soon - I have showers coming up so hopefully it'll be complete in a few weeks.
I agree, I want you to keep posting after Emerson arrives. I love when FB tells me you have another blog posting.
ReplyDelete