Okay, I thought before writing the last post, that I was desperately in need of, not only knocking on wood, but perhaps stomping all the way across the hardwood floors of my house. I knew if I didn't admit soon that pregnancy had its uncomfortable moments, I was going to have a terrible birthing experience. So I did it. I posted a blog about all the not so fun moments. Shew! I was saved.
Or so I thought.
Last night... well, it is more accurate to say this morning... around 2:00 am, I woke up screaming. The bottom half of my left leg was burning in pain. As I grabbed it, groaning, Jesse wakes up and asks in a panic, "What's wrong? What's wrong? What's wrong?" The poor guy probably thought I was in labor. He finally paused long enough for me to answer him that my leg was cramping. I continued grasping and groaning and he, the standup guy, tried his best to comfort me. Eventually, the pain subsided and Jesse fell back to sleep. About an hour later, I joined him.
When I woke up, my leg was still sore. All day today, I've had to limp around...which looks strangely like a waddle. My students had their fair share of giggles at my expense.
Oh, and that muscle I told you about? The one I sprained from slipping in the shower? Yeah... it started back up again. Lovely.
Perhaps I should go back to highlighting pregnancy. The pregnancy gods seem to like that better. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment