Tuesday, March 8, 2011

That's not a head, it's a butt...

Emerson has a favorite spot.  It's on the upper right part of my stomach.  Since I first felt movement, it seems the baby has rested on - and pressed into - that particular spot.  So, I frequently catch myself lovingly rubbing that part of my stomach.  Keep this sweet picture in your mind as you read the rest of this post...

Evidently, I am getting close to the time when I will be able to identify actual body parts protruding from my stomach - a foot here, an elbow there.  So far, it is all just a blob to me, so I asked my sister to help me identify parts.  Is Emerson head down?  Is she resting where I think she is?  Mik quickly realized that the baby was on my right side because my stomach was so "full" on that side so she put on her doctor's touch and started pressing into my stomach.  When she touched Emerson's favorite spot, the protruding knob on an already swollen bump, she said, "Yep!  Here's her butt!"

Um, her what?

Upon further investigation, I actually could feel Emerson's backbone (craziness!) and realized, yep, that was her rear that was sticking out (she takes after her mama! haha)... that was her behind that I had been lovingly patting for months.  Nice.

At least now I know all those "baby rolls" I feel is my baby shaking her bottom back and forth like she's having a dance party in my stomach... she gets that from me too. ;)

3 comments:

  1. she? is there something you should tell us? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what i was thinking abby! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha No, I just didn't want to play the he/she pronoun game so I picked one and went with it! I do think it's a girl, though... no reason for that thought, just a feeling!

    ReplyDelete