Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Baby Kicks? Try Baby Rolls!

So I'm there.  I'm at the point of pregnancy where it is simply getting uncomfortable.  Walking is uncomfortable.  Sitting is uncomfortable.  Sleeping is uncomfortable...  You get the idea.

I told someone today that it constantly feels like my stomach is stretching and he said, well, that's because it is.  That's true, but I never expected to feel it this much, this early.  Emerson does not kick me.  Emerson rolls.  He/she tosses and turns as much as I do lately.  And there is evidently not enough room for such movement.

One thing I never realized is that you can actually watch a pregnant belly move.  When Emerson starts rolling, I will watch my stomach change shape.  It's so surreal.  So sci-fi.  And I'm just waiting for the day one of my students notices it happening while I'm teaching.

I'm also starting to get a pregnancy waddle.  But again, at least with me, I don't think it's from carrying lots of weight, or at least, it's not just that.  It's also just the constant discomfort that comes with moving - when your stomach feels stretched out, you want to sit down and relax it! 

...which I'm going to go do now!  Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. Wait until Emerson is here and is squirming and kicking around. You will have this aha moment and visualize what the little one was doing inside your belly! It's pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete